1. He gave us a slovenly appearance when we met him at the beginning of the 5-day seminar. After intensive communication, we were deeply impressed with his brightness and humor in the end.
= He gave us a slovenly appearance when we met him at the beginning of the 5-day seminar. After intensive communication, we were deeply impressed by his brightness and humor in the end.
= He gave us a slovenly appearance when we met him at the beginning of the 5-day seminar. After intensive communication, he deeply impressed us with his brightness and humor in the end.
2. The neat and fashionable appearance impressed me very much during my visit last year.
3. Our boss was favorably impressed by your proposal you gave him today.
4. Parents should impress the value of family on their children because it is the most precious thing in the world.
5. People usually like to show their wealth to impress others.
6. What impressed me most about Notting Hill was the love between the leading actor and actress.
7. Henry and her sister, Emily impressed us with their talent and intelligence.
8. Just about this time, halfway through his speech, Dr. Thompson began to notice a certain restlessness in his audience. People were murmuring and shuffling their feet. S omeone in the fourth row seemed to be glancing at a newspaper. Nevertheless, Dr. Thompson plowed on. He had saved the best for last. He quoted extensively from an article in the Lancet about genetic research, feeling sure his audience would be impressed by his familiarity with this prestigious British medical journal.
9. 51. What was the reaction of the audience to Dr. Thompson’s speech?
(A) They were bored because the medical topics were not their daily concern.
(B) They did not understand him so they could only discuss among themselves.
(C) They were impressed by his familiarity with advanced research in medicine.
(D) They congratulated him on the success of the speech and asked him questions.
10. 54. According to this passage, which of the following statements is TRUE?
(A) Company workers started to dress down about twenty years ago.
(B) Dress-down has become an everyday phenomenon since the early 90s.
(C) “Dress-down Friday” was first given as a favor from employers.
(D) Many workers want to wear casual clothes to impress people.
11. 52. What impressed Glenn most in the 1962 parade?
(A) The huge crowd of people around him.
(B) The huge amount of paper poured over him.
(C) The Christmas tree in front of the Rockefeller Center .
(D) The key to the city he received from the mayor.
12. 15. John's poor math score must have him a lot, because he is not attending the class any more.
10. The aim of the campaign is to remind people of the damage the deadly weed does to their body. It is believed that this would be to the best interest of all people, __(25)__ teens who might be tempted to start smoking. These dreadful photos may change the impression among teenagers that smoking is cool and sexy.
25. (A) in fact (B) rather than (C) regarding (D) especially
11. 2. The woman told the truth to her lawyer without ____ because he was the only person she could rely on.
(A) reservation (B) combination (C) impression (D) foundation
1. In Taipei , the most impressive landmark is Taipei 101.
2. Lance delivered an impressive speech about customer satisfaction in our company meeting.
3. The impressive appearance of Irene Adler in the party remained in Sherlock Holmes’ heart forever.
4. Next, we sold the computers off to Stab, Grab, Grit, and Nasty, a firm of lawyers nearby. Our electricity bill went way down. Big saving! The boss is impressed. We have completely embraced paper technology. Now that we all use pencils, doodling is on the increase, and the quality of pencilwomanship is impressive, as you can tell from my handwriting in this letter.
5. 12. With a good ______ of both Chinese and English, Miss Lin was assigned the task of oral interpretation for the visiting American delegation.
(A) writing (B) program (C) command (D) impression
6. 7. If you want to borrow magazines, tapes, or CDs, you can visit the library. They are all ______ there.
(A) sufficient (B) marvelous (C) impressive (D) available
Cookies 是伺服端為了區別使用者的不同喜好，經由瀏覽器寫入使用者硬碟的一些簡短資訊。您可以在Netscape的「功能設定」的「進階」或是IE的「Internet選項」的「安全性」中選擇修改您瀏覽器對Cookies的接受程度， 包括接受所有cookies、設定cookies時得到通知、拒絕所有Cookies等三種。如果您選擇拒絕所有的Cookies，您就可能無法使用部份個人化服務， 或是參與部份的活動。